You may be considering selling, or at least would like a FREE HOME EVALUATION, so it’s time to spruce up for spring!
When I provide a home evaluation, I like to view the home at its best, so I am able to provide an accurate assessment of what buyers would be willing to pay.
REMEMBER – you are competing with other homes out there already on the market, and want to present your home with no obstacles to getting the best price!
I have a few checklists to help my clients declutter, clean and improve curb appeal as well as interior spaces in the home, addressing problem areas which buyers may use to negotiate a reduced price. I’d be happy to suggest improvements which I feel will help market your home.
Some PREPPING TIPS to consider:
Top 5 Spring Tips to Improve Your Home’s Interior
As you declutter each area of the home, sort items you don’t want into “Donate” and “Garbage” piles, and remove seasonal clothing and items to place into storage. Then . . .
- Tackle a room a day.
- Arrange furniture and create spaces that allow potential buyers to envision themselves living there.
- Wash walls and windows.
- Remove personal items & photos as much as you can.
- Rent a storage locker or ask a friend to store extra boxes and furniture.
Top 5 Spring Tips to Improve Your Home’s Exterior
- Aerate and fertilize grass & plants do better after a spring pruning.
- Clean out gutters and check for leaks.
- Clean out garage and shed.
- Check house & driveway for cracks & examine chimney and roof for damage.
- Service A/C, furnace & clean out vents.
If you do decide to put your home on the market, photos are a crucial selling tool and staging your home for potential buyers will definitely be made easier once your spring cleanup is complete. You want to set the stage for selling!
CONTACT ME for more information and a COMPLIMENTARY Market Analysis.